According to a 2016 report 48% of small businesses have been a victim of crime (not including cybercrime) since 2014.
The report by the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) also states that 41% of businesses have installed or upgraded a system to improve their security in the same period. These improved measures are great news in the fight against crime. But how could outsourcing your keyholding make your business even more secure?
Why outsource your keyholding?
Imagine the scenario. It’s three o’clock in the morning, and the alarm at your business premises in Cambridge is ringing. The designated key holder for that week has been alerted to its activation and is expected to attend the scene (they live 20 minutes away in Newmarket so will take a little time to get there). Often a key member of staff, they arrive at the incident and find it’s just a false alarm. Phew! Thankfully this time it was just a waste of their time and a disturbed night’s sleep.
They’re tired and grumpy in the morning, and not as efficient as usual, which is bad enough. But what if they’d arrived to find a burglary in process? Would they have been trained to deal with such an eventuality? How would you feel if they were injured trying to protect your property?
This is why a professional keyholding and alarm response company could be a great solution.
What are the security advantages to you and your business?
- Experienced and fully trained, a professional security guard is proficient in dealing with lots of the different situations that could trigger an alarm activation. From undertaking internal and external patrols, to liaising with the emergency services, security personnel are also backed up by an external control room, an advantage that your staff wouldn’t benefit from.
- Using a security company means you eliminate any risk to your staff members, who could otherwise be vulnerable to violent crime or other dangers. Not only is this good for your peace of mind, but also staff morale, as team members feel more valued knowing you didn’t want to put their wellbeing at risk.
- By outsourcing your keyholding, they’ll be no more early morning call outs for your key staff, eliminating the inconvenience of a disturbed night’s sleep, and eradicating any anxieties they may be subject to when they’re ‘on call’- something they’ll no doubt thank you for!
- Losses or damages could be minimised by having faster response times, as professional and highly visible security personnel can panic criminals into aborting a crime, as well as following stringent processes that could result in a faster resolution.
- There could also be financial benefits to you for utilising an outsourced keyholding and response service. As a result of the increased security provided by a professional firm, and the decreased risk of personal injury claims from staff members, insurance companies may be willing to offer cheaper premiums, possibly even covering the cost of the keyholding service.
Abbey Security provide keyholding services to businesses in Suffolk and Cambridgeshire
As you can see, there are many advantages to outsourcing your keyholding. From a decreased chance of loss or damage, to complete protection for your staff, there are many reasons to consider using a professional company like Abbey Security for all your security needs. And at prices starting from just £1.25 per day, it’s a very cheap way to get peace of mind.
If you want to find out more about how Abbey Security can help protect your business, please contact us today on 01284 768832, or fill in our contact form.
Posted on May 1, 2017